1. Recover your domain transfer password (also known as EPP code or Auth Password) – This will allow you to move your domain to a new provider.
2. If you can recover website files, emails and databases from your current provider, now is the time to do so. If you cannot do this yourself, try asking the current host for a zip file of your entire account.
3. Setup a DNS account with a web hosting provider or DNS provider (ie. CloudFlare)
4. Setup email accounts with your new web hosting provider, or use a business grade solution like Google G Suite or Microsoft Office 365.
5. Restore emails, website files and databases to your new providers. Your new provider should be able to assist with this.